As I approach, MLK 2012 and our participation in the local community service day honoring Martin Luther King Jr. on January 16th, I remember it is a day of remberance and gratitude knowing I too can reach beyond my own life by making a difference. Martin Luther King, Jr., a man dedicated to service and working to improve civil rights in America personally touched the world. I still get chills listening to his, “I Have a Dream” speech. What a great example of not only a leader, but a volunteer’s heart!
Here at Prescott Creeks, we also have great examples of volunteers who give with their heart to make our watershed a better place. If a person gives a lot or a little each year doesn’t matter. A ripple of change is created. Integrating Prescott Creeks in your “dream” enables protection, restoration and celebration of your riparian ecosystem.
Here are some inspirational quotes from, Martin Luther King, Jr. to ponder:
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?”
- “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
- “The quality, not the longevity, of one’s life is what is important.”
- “The time is always right to do what is right.”
- “We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.”
- “We must use time creatively.”
- “Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.”
THANK YOU AGAIN for your service to our community on behalf of Prescott Creeks!