Saturday April 17th, 2021
Granite Creek Park | 8 AM – Noon
- Adapted to be COVID-Safe
- It’s Free!
(in exchange for a few hours of your service to the community 😉)
- Make a Difference
- Help Clean Up Your Community
- Cleanup T-shirt for all Pre-Registered Participants
In contrast to last year when the Cleanup was rescheduled and then cancelled due to the ongoing pandemic, Prescott Creeks is committed to bring a COVID-Safe Cleanup to the community. This annual event not only cleans up and beautifies the community, but it provides an opportunity for people to come together (physically distanced, of course) for a common cause and make a difference.
Welcome, Premier Sponsor:
Prescott Creeks is committed to bring a COVID-Safe Cleanup to the community. Now a Pre-Registration only, dispersed field activity, we have adapted procedures to safely provide community members with the opportunity to make the Prescott area a more attractive, and a safer place for everyone to enjoy.
- Saturday, April 17th, 2021
- Check-In 8 AM – 12 Noon
- Collected materials need to be placed at pick up locations by 5 PM Sunday evening (the City of Prescott Solid Waste Division will collect cleaned up materials early Monday morning)
- Prescott Creeks will distribute volunteer materials on Saturday morning from Granite Creek Park.
- The Drive Up Check-In is intended to be as contactless as possible (similar to book pick-ups the the Prescott Public Library) and will occur as follows:
- Volunteer Event Staff will prepackage bags for pre-registered groups
- Pre-Registered participants will pull through to check-in their group and collect packaged materials
- Materials will be placed in the trunk of registrant vehicle
- Distributed materials will include:
- Map showing overall area, assigned Cleanup Location, and Drop-Off location(s)
- T-shirts, trash bags, and masks
- Premier Sponsor materials
Much of the Cleanup occurs on and in the Greenway Trail System
Who Makes it All Possible?
You / Volunteers
Since 2007, volunteers have contributed 6,000 hours valued at almost $300,000 in service to the community! An average of 460 volunteers turn out each year with pre-registration climbing to 77% in 2019. To be COVID-Safe this year, ALL participants must PRE-REGISTER.
We hope you’ll join us.
Sponsors make this event possible! Historically, Sponsors have represented a rich cross-section of businesses in Prescott ranging from sandwich shops to public utilities, from home builders to other non-for-profit organizations, from civic groups to individuals.
Sponsorships are needed and available in both cash and inkind categories.
- Field and Facilities Services
- Recreation Services
- Public Works Department
This event would not be possible without the support of the City of Prescott. We could not do it without them.
2021 Premier Sponsor:
2021 Champion Sponsors:
Originating in the 1980’s, the Granite Creek Cleanup was organized by the city-sponsored Keep Prescott Beautiful committee until 2006. Prescott Creeks began actively participating in the Cleanup in 1995 Watson Woods Riparian Preserve was established. Prescott Creeks was often mistaken as the event coordinator (because “Creek” was in each name…?). After the 2006 Cleanup event, Keep Prescott Beautiful approached Prescott Creeks and asked that it would assume formal leadership of the event to carry on the springtime rite of improving the community. Prescott Creeks was honored to be asked and agreed.
Since 2007 Prescott Creeks has worked with 6,000 volunteers who donated 13,000 hours of their time to collect almost 49 tons (97,400 pounds) of trash and debris from the community. The event is made possible annually by community volunteers, business sponsorships, and the City of Prescott.