Prescott Creeks seeks a full-time, salaried
Development & Communications Manager.
The Development & Communications Manager will be responsible for assisting the Prescott Creeks Executive Director, and staff, to raise funds from diverse sources in the community to support the mission of the organization. The Development & Communications Manager reports directly to the Executive Director and will work closely with staff, the Board of Directors, and volunteers to develop and implement development and marketing plans and strategies, as well as take the lead to engage the community through various hands-on and fund raising events.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and implement annual development plan and strategy. Secure funding according to plan.
- Train and lead staff, Board, and volunteers to support development and marketing efforts.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with current and potential individual donors, as well as business, foundation and agency sponsors.
- Facilitate the development of relationships with funders through presentations, personal meetings, regular communications, and meetings with other staff and the Prescott Creeks leadership.
- Research funding opportunities and coordinate with staff to draft and develop funding proposals.
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing/outreach plan and strategy.
- Maintain and grow existing and potential traditional and social media networks to benefit the organization.
- Lead staff and volunteers to plan and implement events including One Man’s Treasure, Granite Creek Cleanup, and others. Create effective collateral materials promoting events. Conduct follow up activities.
- Manage program systems including database and e-marketing.
- Evaluate and report all development and marketing efforts against established goals and industry trends.
- Perform other duties as necessary or as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree, and/or multiple years of equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Prescott Creeks mission, watershed issues, and ecosystem restoration.
- Established track record of achieving revenue targets and securing support from diverse sources.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proven management and leadership capabilities.
- Experienced with marketing, public relations, and communications and demonstrated social media effectiveness.
- Already well-networked, particularly in central Arizona, a plus.
- Proficient with MS Office. Experienced with donor databases. (Salesforce and Adobe CS, desirable.)
- Self-directed with ability to work independently and be a creative and effective team member.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule (weekdays, evenings, and weekends as relevant).
- Familiarity/experience writing grants helpful.
- Detail-oriented, organized, ability to prioritize multiple demands and ability to work under deadline.
- Ability to work in diverse meeting locations in central Arizona and throughout the state.
The Development & Communications Manager is a full-time, regular, salaried exempt position. Benefits available.
Prescott Creeks is a not-for-profit organization in Prescott, Arizona with the mission to achieve healthy watersheds and clean waters in central Arizona for the benefit of people and wildlife through protection, restoration, education and advocacy. Prescott Creeks has a small staff and Board of Directors passionate about making our community a better place. For information about Prescott Creeks, visit www.PrescottCreeks.org.
Send PDF cover letter and résumé with references by 8 am on Monday 12 January 2015 by email.