Submitted by May 31, 2011 10:23 am
The Field Projects Coordinator is the primary Prescott Creeks staff member responsible for the riparian preservation, restoration, enhancement and mitigation project development and implementation. The Field Projects Coordinator reports directly to the Executive Director and works with multiple parties including Prescott Creeks’ Board and staff, community volunteers, agency personnel, and funders to plan, fund and implement projects.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage Watson Woods Riparian Preserve and other Prescott Creeks field projects.
- Identify and evaluate additional preservation, restoration, enhancement, mitigation and water quality improvement projects for applicability and funding potential. Work independently and with staff and partners to draft funding proposals and manage successful projects.
- Participate on multi-disciplinary teams to plan and execute restoration projects, and provide technical assistance to local entities in developing proposals for and implementing projects.
- Lead educational outreach activities for the public.
- Operate, deploy, inventory and maintain field equipment (vehicles, monitoring equipment, hand tools, etc.).
- Additional duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- BA degree, or 3-5 years of experience in relevant field, preferably with a not-for-profit organization.
- Knowledge of environmental permitting and requirements (SWPPP, 404, 401 Certification, etc.).
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects at one time.
- Experience with stream and riparian restoration, monitoring and research techniques.
- Knowledge of local flora and fauna.
- Technical report writing and grant-writing experience (federal, state and private).
- Accomplished public speaker for audiences of 5-100 people.
- Proficiency with office computer software – MS Office, ESRI ArcView, Adobe products, databases.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Heavy lifting and strong mechanical skills.
- Driver’s license in good standing required, towing experience helpful.
FTE salary commensurate with experience. Health insurance. Generous paid vacation, sick days and holidays.
Interested persons should email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references as an attachment (4-page maximum) to Jobs@PrescottCreeks.org. Materials received after by 5 p.m. PDT 16 June 2011 will not be considered.
Your donations are essential to water quality and riparian habitat!