Matt Rotty, of the Greater Prescott Podcast, invited Prescott Creeks Executive Director Michael Byrd to an interview in Watson Woods Riparian Preserve. Committed to sharing the stories of Greater Prescott, Matt explored Michael’s journey from his Ohio childhood to his Prescott College thesis creating Prescott Creeks first management plan, and his 25 years managing the Preserve as the Executive Director. Referring to himself as a “resource manager,” his job consists of interacting with scientists, department heads and elected officials, then translating that data into education programs for the community. The interview covers the milestones and details of Prescott Creeks history:
- The initial 25 year lease agreement with the City of Prescott, and the 25 year extension in 2020
- The significance of the watershed and riparian area preservation
- Realigning the Granite Creek Channel and replanting appropriate vegetation
- The importance of volunteers to the organization
- Various Prescott Creeks projects and events
- View or listen to the hour long interview, or excerpts on the GPP Facebook and GPP Instagram.