The City of Prescott will be having a Spring Bulk Item Cleanup Event during the month of April 2021 to assist residential utility customers with disposal of bulky items that do not fit into a regular trash or recycle cart. Bulky items include, but are not limited to, large household items such as mattresses, furniture, BBQ grills, bikes, yard waste, and appliances.
City crews will pass through each neighborhood one time only. Each Cleanup Week route will begin on Monday and be completed by Friday of that week, as noted in the schedule on the City website.
Place all items on the curb by 6:00 a.m. on the Monday of your Spring Bulk Item Clean Up Week.
Any and all items left at or near the curb could be thrown away as part of the event collection. Please move any items away from the curb that you don’t wish to be picked up to avoid any confusion or unwanted disposal.
Acceptable Items for Collection
- Household Items
- BBQ Grills (no propane tanks)
- Furniture (tables, chairs, couches, mattresses, etc.)
- Leaves and small yard debris must be bagged or boxed
- Branches, limbs, and large debris must be cut into four-foot (4’) lengths and tied
- Appliances – those which contain or have contained CFC’s (Freon) – must be accompanied by a certificate from a licensed professional stating that the CFC’s have been evacuated
Unacceptable Items for Collection
- Propane Tanks
- Automobile Batteries
- Hazardous Wastes. For a complete list of Hazardous Waste materials go to prescott-az.gov/services-safety/trash-pickup-recycling/additional-services/household-hazardous-waste/
- Concrete, blocks, brick, asphalt, stone, or dirt
- No commercial, contractor, or demolition debris will be collected
The above items WILL NOT be collected as part of Spring Bulk Item
Some of the items listed above are accepted at the Transfer Station located at 2800 Sundog Ranch Road. If you have questions please call 928-777-1116.
More info: https://www.prescott-az.gov/services-safety/trash-pickup-recycling/additional-services/annual-cleanup/