Want to Help, but Getting Dirty Isn't Your Thing?
Each year since 2007 the community has come together to clean up trash and debris from local waterways, parks, and trails. The public-facing side of the event is often focused on the hundreds of community volunteers who go out and get dirty and do the heavy lifting. While they are awesome and we couldn’t do it without them, others prefer to do their part in more of a “Behind the Scenes” capacity – they are awesome too!
Behind the Scenes help is critical to making the Granite Creek Cleanup happen. We couldn’t do it without everyone who helps organize and coordinate the Granite Creek Cleanup from behind the scenes. Apply below to Help Behind the Scenes.
Ways to Help
Getting ready for the Granite Creek Cleanup takes coordination and lots of hands. Tasks include:
- Work in the office to check ordered materials
- Print and collate materials
- Distribute event flyers
- Pack Pre-Registrant materials for an efficient hand-off at the event
- Load all the materials needed at the event
- Distribute markers around town for Cleanup trash drop-off locations
Day of the Event
Event volunteers make the Cleanup run smoothly. Tasks include:
- Unload & set up event: tables, tent, materials, banners, etc.
- Direct Cleanup participants in the Park
- Sign-in participants as they arrive at the park & hand-off materials (contactless)
- Answer questions that arise
- Pack up all event materials
- Photograph event – in the field and at the park
After the Cleanup we can use help to quantify the impact made and to get organized. Tasks Include:
- Organize and store materials
- Process and file volunteer images
- Collect and return borrowed materials
- Crunch the data (participant, trash, feedback, images, etc.)
- Communicate success to the public through emails, press releases, and social media